Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Are Lesbians gay?

Homosexuals are both men and women attracted to the same sex. Gay is an unoffensive word one can use to refer to homosexuals in more casual contexts.

The word "lesbian" is fine for female homosexuals. We seem to have no equivalent for male homosexuals.

I have a suspicion that the female homosexual population has women in it who do not want to be associated with male homosexuals. The behaviors are very different, as is the society. Still, when the two groups join hands and admit they are all in the same boat, they do so much better.

I remember a "lesbian" party my partner and I were invited to by our lesbian neighbor, and we were the only men there, but we were well treated and accepted.(It was remarked to me afterward that one particularly "anti-male" woman who was there commented later that we weren't typical gay men at all. Maybe not, I guess.

No comments: