Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Cliché time about aging

Cliché time:  We have no choice but to live in the present, so make the best of it.  Also, I like being older and more mature and, in fact, wiser.  We do learn as we experience life.

I had a doctor and we were sitting together going over some test results, and he kept saying, "For your age, that's normal." Sheesh!  I found another doctor who will treat me, not just blame my age.  So what if I have a problem that is common in people my age -- that does not mean I have to have it if there are things to be done. 

Right now I'm prospering.  Reflux and hay fever work together to produce a problematic cough that interferes with sleep, and the drugs that deal with these are less than optimal (one raises blood pressure and another presents threats of pneumonia and kidney problems), so I cough a lot.  No aches and pains though, and lots of stamina, and I no longer use glasses except for very small print.
One other thing -- in the old days I had to get up every day and go to work.  Now I get up when I want to (ironically even earlier than I use to -- but I don't have to).  I thought I enjoyed my work; I enjoy gardening and  puttering and the internet a lot more.

No comments: