Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Skepticism about God

Skepticism (non-belief without evidence) of anything important is the default.  It is the burden of those who assert God to prove there is one.  Otherwise non-belief is the only rational way to go.

I don't think there is a God because of the massive amount of suffering in the world, and because assertions about him lead to self-referential contradictions (if you don't know what I''m talking about here then your belief is indeed shallow and based on sand).

However, as I said, is someone asserts something important, they have the burden of proof.  "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

By the way, I would not demand proof of God, just good evidence and an explanation of the problems with his existence I mentioned above.

No comments: