Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

McDonalds Coming to Vietnam

I see McDonald's is opening a "restaurant" in Ho Chi Minh City.  I do hope they leave the clown behind.

One of the things I like about Vietnam is of course the food (this is what everyone says about Vietnamese food because it is true), and one of the features of Vietnamese food is that it uses meat sparingly and more as a condiment and not as an unhealthy plop of meat and fat.

Of course one can get excellent hamburgers in Vietnam.  They aren't cheap, but not outrageous either unless from one of the snob hotels.  They are prepared as one asks, (not mass done with frozen patties) with toasted bun and sliced onion and really good fresh tomatoes and "salad" (the Vietnamese word for lettuce), and you can add ketchup, hot sauce, mustard and mayo and relish to taste (as well as a few more Asian things).  It doesn't come buried in that stuff they call "dressing" that seems designed to hide the absence of reality.

As you can probably can tell from what I have to say about the McDonald's fare I have had in the states (not often, fortunately), I will probably not be a regular customer.

No comments: