Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sexual predator and pedophiles

I think, based on my personal experience, that there are two kinds of pedophiles. There are the predators, for sure. There are others however who genuinely intertwine the sexual impulse with either a romantic or a paternal impulse.

When I was about fifteen I fell in love with an older (in his twenties) teacher. When he began trying to "screw" me (an activity that had never entered my head), I did not like it and said so. His response was that I was never to forget I always have the right to say no -- something I always remembered.

He sort- of took me under his wing for a couple of years, gave me all sorts of special instruction (academic and college preparatory), was a good friend for years afterward, and we had a lot of pleasant sexual connection that never put me at any sort of unease. At that point in time, if our relationship had come out, he would have been jailed as a predator, but I would have died denying anything to protect him.

Since then I have had lovers, not tricks, and I think the maturity he helped me achieve also helped me get around the promiscuous temptations that are so common among young male gays, and leads to so many other problems and wasted time.

No comments: