Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Most people think of Jesus as never having sex.  To me that contradicts the idea that he was fully human.  Did he even ever take matters into his own hand (sorry for the euphemism but I can't use the correct word -- search engines block me if I do)?  It seems he knew what lust was and approved of marital sex, but not otherwise, so to have been fully human (actually have sex) he would have needed to be married.

Marriage to another man (no doubt "the beloved apostle") would solve a lot of problems, including the touchy one of how could a perfect being have sex with a woman and she not conceive, but you don't want baby Holy Trinities -- boggles the mind.

Of course what do I know -- it seems to me far more likely the whole thing is entirely mythical.

No comments: