Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2015

On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I think mind is a spiritual thing divorced from my body and that goes on after my body dies.  That explains a lot, especially how it is that my mind experiences its existence, such as the terrible itch on the scab on my knee  I got being reckless on a bicycle -- what is an "itch" anyway and how in creation can molecules and electrons moving around generate this experience in my mind?

The rest of the time I realize that if I get Alzheimer's or something like that my mind will dissolve, so it seems a good predictor of what will happen when I die, and even though the experience of "qualia" is a more difficult problem than the typical materialist is capable of understanding, the fact that I see no way to understand it doesn't mean there can't be a way.

Quanta and so on are fascinating but seem irrelevant to all this.  More important is the old criticism of Cartesian Dualism, how does mind move the body?

No comments: